Friday 27 January 2012

An Apology! & A Tooth Extraction.

Okay, so first off I feel like I haven't contributed anything new and recent to this blog this week, I've missed a few days of my reading list too which I can not stand! So I will have to back-track and get up to date with all the lovely posts, sorry! I've had a lot of free time this week and have just done nothing with it, due to toothache which interrupted my nice and new Wii Fit/Blogging routine ¬_¬

On Tuesday I had a massive filling done, and since then I had pain. Tuesday night I was in bed at 8:30 crying. I don't like to admit it, but I was. It was a horrible electric shock pain that made me jump, and happened probably every minute or so, and made my mouth water so so much. Wednesday I was okay, my jaw hurt and was aching, but I thought that was just because of the procedure itself. I tried to exercise but there was a pressure that made me just give up after yoga.



Thursday I had pain again, the tooth hurt to touch, my jaw was swollen and sore to the touch too, so I figured I had an infection. Today (Friday) The pain was slightly less, but my jaw was more swollen, so I made an appointment to go get seen.

The options were antibiotics and lots of sessions for a root canal, and possibly not save the tooth in the long run, or get it taken out. Considering I hate injections, and I have my wisdom tooth coming in anyways (that's the devil tooth that started the whole mess!) I opted to have it taken out.

Long story short, even though it's already been quite long :P It's out now and really didn't take long at all, I'm still numb at the moment so I can't even complain about pain! All I will add on to this though Is that I had a horrible reaction to the anesthetic, with the second injection. I had funny vision... It was double vision, but only in one eye, and only when I looked a certain way, if I stared at the poster, and moved my head I could see where the double vision came into play. It was horrible! It didn't help that I don't really react well to the adrenaline in the anesthetic as It makes me a shaking mess, but my dentist was lovely! I can't remember her name ;( but she really was a sweetheart about it all.

So to end this all; I'm not really sure why I told you all of that, I think I wanted to share the weirdness with my vision, it was so creepy. I was so relieved when it was getting better!

12 comments:

  1. Oh god I know exactly what you went through!! I had an emergency root canal a few months ago after experiencing that electric shock pain in bursts til I couldn't take it anymore...my dentist left her kids soccer game to start my root canal.. SHE IS MY HERO lol will never forget that pain. glad you are feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I love how you called her your hero! Thanks I am feeling a lot better :]

      Delete
  2. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh it sounds HORRIBLE! I hope it heals quickly. Feel better soon xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toothaches are the worst! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh Jenni Hope you feel better soon! I have to have a tooth pulled out but I keep putting it off ... Thankfully I'm not experiencing the pain you went thru. Get a lot of rest! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get on it! better now than later :] & actually getting the tooth pulled took 2 minutes, was easy peasy :]] & Thanks!

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness...Any mouth pain is horrible :( Hope you're better now!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! So don't be scared =] I appreciate all constructive criticism.

Please don't leave links to blogs, I will delete comments with links from now on :(. If you'd like me to check out your blog, drop me an email; or follow and I'll have a looksie =]